Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 8

Family Crisis

There are different types of family crisis's that we go through and not everyone goes through the same ones. I would like to talk about three different that I have seen happen or heard or read about.

1- Death in the Family. My Aunts husband got in a farming accident and was killed instantly it did not just effect her but also her four children. This happened ten years ago and as I watch them grow I can see difficulties that they acquire that I don't have to go through.

2- Drug use in the Family. Drugs are very harmful and can affect families miraculously. I have seen this happen to families from my hometown. Where parents become separated and fight with each other. This is hard for the children especially when they are younger. In the textbook it gives some statistics on how children act if parents are on drugs such as: have trouble with schoolwork, higher rates of anxiety and depression, blame themselves for their parents' problems, and so many more.

3- Child abuse in families. This one is one that I struggle with knowing people actually do some of the cruelest things to their children. We need to love them unconditionally and appreciate them because you are the one that provided them this live you need to treat them with respect. A good book to read would be "A Child Called It"

No comments:

Post a Comment